I came to Asia with a desire to learn Malay/Chinese/Indian/Thai cooking. I was going to get a tutor and start making things like mango sticky rice, curried chicken with nan and mint sauce, fried noodles with coconut milk etc. Well, just the other day my kitchen was delivered in two boxes. Box one: microwave. Box two: hot plate. Now it is a fancy hot plate. Digital and computer- but one burner. So- I feel my dreams of learning to cook ellaboarte dishes fading away- but not completely. I will learn to cook a meal for our family on one burner. I am also not giving up and am looking for someone to give me cooking classes, but we might have to use her kitchen!
Our family will be living in Johor Bahru, Malaysia for at least a year ...keep track of us as we journal our adventures and daily experiences.
29 July 2009
Kitchen
I came to Asia with a desire to learn Malay/Chinese/Indian/Thai cooking. I was going to get a tutor and start making things like mango sticky rice, curried chicken with nan and mint sauce, fried noodles with coconut milk etc. Well, just the other day my kitchen was delivered in two boxes. Box one: microwave. Box two: hot plate. Now it is a fancy hot plate. Digital and computer- but one burner. So- I feel my dreams of learning to cook ellaboarte dishes fading away- but not completely. I will learn to cook a meal for our family on one burner. I am also not giving up and am looking for someone to give me cooking classes, but we might have to use her kitchen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment