Our family will be living in Johor Bahru, Malaysia for at least a year ...keep track of us as we journal our adventures and daily experiences.
01 March 2010
Conversation
We had a lovely simple day at home yesterday. And at one point Nevi says, " I can't wait for next week". I said, "what is happening next week?" "Well, I think but I am not sure...we go home next week." "Oh Nev, that is not next week...but it is next month! We go home to Oregon to Visit in one month." Devin and I tune in with her...knowing her tone of voice is sweet, authentic and very honest. She is longing for home. So Devin beautifully says, "Nev, home is wherever we are together. My home is when I am with you and Mama." I agree with him and re-iterate- home is lots of places but as long as we are together we are home. Nevi says, " No, I mean Home Sweet Home." Devin says, "well yes, we were born in the USA and we live there most of the time, but home right now is here." Nevi says, " Nope, home in the US." We realize our point has been made, but this child's heart and home are in the US. Good thing we are coming for a visit in exactly one month!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How wonderful that you get to go home for a visit! Drink some Stumptown for me and have a wonderful time!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my, the tears are in my eyes ~
ReplyDeleteNevi we are so looking forward to having you come to our "home". We will welcome you with our loving hearts and warm hugs....
Grandma & Grandpa