05 November 2009

Blessed

Nevi and Devin were invited to be blessed with ash/chalk on the forehead.
Blessed indeed

New friend at the temple.
Something that is really interesting here- families ask to take Nevi's picture all the time. Or they just take her picture. She stands beside their children or in with the whole gang. Not sure if it is because light skin and blonde hair is so rare around here or what....sometimes Nevi is not so sure about this practice, but other times she gives in and smiles brightly.


2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I love your blog! Brian showed it to me and your photos and experiences are amazing. You guys all look so happy and Nevi is getting more and more beautiful!

    I can relate to Nevi in this post, because when I was her age and we just moved to Tokyo, the same thing would happen to me. People touched my hair and wanted photos. I remember thinking it was really strange and I felt slightly embarrassed. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, in THIS case. I was the one who asked if I could take this girl's picture with Nevi. You can see she is clearly the stunned and confused one in this case. She was so cute, I couldn't pass it up.

    ReplyDelete