Our family will be living in Johor Bahru, Malaysia for at least a year ...keep track of us as we journal our adventures and daily experiences.
02 September 2009
cool breeze
Yesterday was like nothing I have experienced while being here. We woke to rain...and had steady rain all day long. Most days it will rain at some point, but continuous rain was a new thing.I did not mind it at all. I guess when you know that the sun will shine soon and then continue to shine every day- you do not worry about rain. Instead you welcome it. As someone who lives in the Pacific NW...when it rains I often wonder if we will be in the rain for 18 days straight. Not here! The sun comes back again and again and again. Anyway, during the afternoon the most wonderful cool breeze began. Now, first you have to understand how humid it is here to realize a cool breeze is a little bit of heaven. I had never felt the air with such a lack of humidity. I opened all of our sliding glass doors...all three of them. The aircon was off and the fresh, cool breeze was blowing the curtains and filling our apartment with delight! Nevi and I were amazed. We kept the doors open until we saw the first mosquito at the beginning of dusk.Then to my dismay, the doors had to be closed. But what an appreciated experience- never thought I would appreciate a change in weather so much. Today- the sun is back, the haze is here with the humidity and we are back to our daily living- windows closed, but glad to live in a tropical place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment