Our family will be living in Johor Bahru, Malaysia for at least a year ...keep track of us as we journal our adventures and daily experiences.
10 August 2009
Blogging
I am realizing that much of my blog so far has been representing most of our time when we are off traveling or adventuring. I am not really showing our daily living. So I will try and take some more photos that capture our daily life and Johor Bahru. We are so lucky to be on this adventure- even when I am challenged by being outside of my comfort zone- deep down I am grateful. This trip is a good reminder to think about the many convieniences in your daily living that you do not even have to think about....such as jumping in the car, drving to the store for a few items. Getting directions to somewhere you have never been before and having the person you are asking speak fluent english. Living in a place where you can not bribe a police officer out of a ticket. Water that comes from the tap is perfectly clean and fresh to drink. That there are major roadways to lead you wherever you need to go- not one main road that leads eventually to where you are going. I am not saying these things are good or bad...but in the convience of first world living- we all forget to be grateful for our daily convieniences. I am reminded. I am trying to not get frustrated or yearn for my independence within convienience. I am constantly reminded each day of what I have often taken for granted...and so it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment