In celebration of Nevi's first day on summer holiday from school- she had lunch at the pool bar! I enjoyed a fresh squeezed watermelon juice and she had iced chocolate milk, heart shaped chicken nuggets and fries! Oh yah! We sat on the pool stools under water and talked about all we had to be grateful for...our daughter is really getting daily lessons in gratitude as well as comprehending socio-economic difference. I am amazed at the depth of her empathy and understanding. We could all take lessons from the unobstructed truths a child observes- even sitting at the resort pool bar!
Our family will be living in Johor Bahru, Malaysia for at least a year ...keep track of us as we journal our adventures and daily experiences.
24 August 2009
Lunch by the pool
In celebration of Nevi's first day on summer holiday from school- she had lunch at the pool bar! I enjoyed a fresh squeezed watermelon juice and she had iced chocolate milk, heart shaped chicken nuggets and fries! Oh yah! We sat on the pool stools under water and talked about all we had to be grateful for...our daughter is really getting daily lessons in gratitude as well as comprehending socio-economic difference. I am amazed at the depth of her empathy and understanding. We could all take lessons from the unobstructed truths a child observes- even sitting at the resort pool bar!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment