01 August 2009

First home cooked dinner




Drum roll please!
A few days ago I finally bought a rice cooker and a blender to complete my kitchen set up.Last night, I cooked our first family home cooked meal since we have been living here. I made coconut rice with stir fried vegetables.Figured that was a good place to start.
Ok so the rice was a tiny bit golden brown on the bottom after cooking...but short of that~ it was delicious. Who knew a rice cooker cooked rice so fast! Seriously- you flick the switch- it boils big and then switches to warm and in about 20 minutes you have cooked rice. Why did I never use one at home?
Then I learned that out hot plate cooks REALLY fast and you must adjust the temp. Learning everyday.
We had three kinds of mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, green beans, peppers, and sprouts in the stir fry. Nevi ate it right up- Devin loved being served the moment he walked through the door,and I felt great about not having to go out! Yippee for us all. Another new task at least attempted! Next on the menu for tomorrow night is Ayam Curry....Malaysian chicken curry. Stay tuned to see how that project turns out.

1 comment: