20 August 2009

time

I am being given a great gift. Even though my life is filled with change and the challenges of living in a new culture. And even though things that are usually effortless require much energy right now. I am reminded today in the quiet of Devin being at work and Nevi being at school- that I have a few hours each day of quiet to reflect. I do not want to lose sight of this gift. At home, I fill my existence with way too much. To much clutter, say yes to too many things, manage working, mothering, volunteering, tending to others, etc. Of course these are all things I love, but right now- today... I am grateful for the slowness of these three hours I have alone. Whether I choose to work out at the little gym here, or research our next travel adventure, or write...I am aware of this time of quiet. I need this time of quiet.I deserve this time of quiet.
I only wish my dear husband had the same opportunity. The guy is working so hard with very little outlet for himself. I hope the folks at Xerox know how lucky they are to have Devin...his work ethic, his brain, his energy, and his commitment. I trully hope he is appreciated as much as Nevi and I appreciate him! I hope for him in the coming days some time for him....to explore or read or mountain bike or raft or trek or something. Something just for him. I better get on making that happen. Just some thoughts for today from the quiet.

2 comments:

  1. Time is one of those free gifts in life ~ it is how we use it that that makes a difference every day.

    I am so glad for you Sarah that you have found time to just take a breath and relax ~ that is a gift that so many of us don't give ourselves.

    Now if we can just get D to get there now and then ~ Thanks so much to you and Nevi for being there for him. His Mama appreciates it ~ I know he is in good loving hands ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to make time to learn how to play golf!!! It is a golf resort and then when We go on our Mother daughter trips we can all play.

    I love that you have slowed life down and are taking in all that it is giving you. Love to all from us!
    Fred

    ReplyDelete