I was told not to hang things on the walls here in our apartment. And so I listened to that advice for awhile...but the other day I realized we just could not settle with our few treasured art pieces leaning on shelves. Our space was not feeling quite right.I am sensitive to the environments. So I took out some of the removable plastic hooks I brought with us from the US and started hanging. The first thing was Nevi's Mermaid painting painted by her Aunt Gina- right over her bed it went. Ahhhh comfort. Then into our room to hang our Heather B McGarry painting that I have had for years and years. It went right over our bed- ok not quite to scale, but ahhhh comfort. Both paintings means the world to us- soothe- inspire- helps to create a space I want to be in...so thanks Heath and Gina for your creative fire and thanks removable hooks...our space is feeling more like us.
Our family will be living in Johor Bahru, Malaysia for at least a year ...keep track of us as we journal our adventures and daily experiences.
28 August 2009
space
I was told not to hang things on the walls here in our apartment. And so I listened to that advice for awhile...but the other day I realized we just could not settle with our few treasured art pieces leaning on shelves. Our space was not feeling quite right.I am sensitive to the environments. So I took out some of the removable plastic hooks I brought with us from the US and started hanging. The first thing was Nevi's Mermaid painting painted by her Aunt Gina- right over her bed it went. Ahhhh comfort. Then into our room to hang our Heather B McGarry painting that I have had for years and years. It went right over our bed- ok not quite to scale, but ahhhh comfort. Both paintings means the world to us- soothe- inspire- helps to create a space I want to be in...so thanks Heath and Gina for your creative fire and thanks removable hooks...our space is feeling more like us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
awwww....thanks so much! I feel so honored to be among your selected wall hangings...too bad it isn't 4 feet bigger! what a challenge to get that over there though huh!
ReplyDeletelove you
h