11 August 2009

Dessert


My other feat yesterday was making Mango sticky rice. This is actually a Thai recipe and my most favorite thing in the world! You use a special rice called "glutenous" rice. It has nothing to do with gluten as we know it. Anyway, first I made the sticky rice, and I even used our rice cooker. Sticky rice is usually steamed when made properly- but the rice cooker worked great. Then I cut up fresh mango. Then I made the coconut sauce.....yum! Put some sticky rice in a bowl pour a special warm coconut milk over it~ add fresh mango and YUM! This picture does not do the dish justice- but when I get home or if you come to visit here- I will whip some up!

2 comments:

  1. YUM! Nice job...
    How do you do the coconut sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I want some when
    I get there!!!! Mango & sticky rice is my favorite thing on the world!!!

    ReplyDelete